QUALITY, INTEGRITY, EXPERIENCE
S.L. Williamson Co., Inc. is a third-generation asphalt paving and road construction company based in Charlottesville, Virginia and founded in 1949. We take great pride in our work and have many second and third-generation employees that share the same ethic and attention to detail. The nature and scope of our work varies from pothole patching to heavy highway work.
We produce plant mix asphalt (sometimes called “Blacktop” or “Bituminous Concrete”) in three asphalt plants located in Central Virginia near Charlottesville. Each plant is located in a rock quarry as the main ingredient, approximately 94% - 95% by weight, is crushed aggregate. Liquid asphalt, produced in the crude oil refining process, makes up the remaining 5% - 6% by weight but is a much higher percentage of the cost of materials.
We produce and install plant mix asphalt under contract on public, commercial and private projects with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the University of Virginia, the City of Charlottesville and other municipalities, as well as with contractors, various corporate entities and individuals. We also sell plant mix to VDOT, municipalities, other contractors and individuals.
If you would like an estimate for paving work or paving material, contact us today or call our office at (434) 295-6137. We are located at 1230 River Road, Charlottesville, VA 22901. We would be happy to schedule an estimator to visit your project and give you a quotation, free of charge, for paving work. If our quotation is acceptable to you, we would then prepare and execute a contract and schedule the work. Upon completion of the job, payment can be made by cash, check or major credit card.
WHO WE ARE
S.L. WILLIAMSON COMPANY, INC.
"The backbone of any business is people, and success will depend on how you interact with them and how you treat them."
— Stirling L. Williamson, Chairman & CEO
"Sound roadways and transportation infrastructure connect us, make the delivery of goods and services possible, complete new businesses — even provide a spot to shoot some hoops. At the foundation of our company is our shared commitment of excellence, sustainability, and care for every project we complete."
— Blair Williamson, President
WHAT WE DO
COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL AND MAJOR ROADWAYS SINCE 1949
Dedication to Unwavering Quality
INVEST IN EXCELLENCE
Asphalt road surfaces fulfill crucial functions in today's society and offer a multitude of benefits, including cost efficiency, safety and durability, and reduction in noise pollution. Asphalt pavements are used worldwide as effective solutions for water storage, flood control, and erosion.
No matter the size of your project, asphalt pavement offers unending versatility.
Asphalt is smooth and durable, and can be constructed to last indefinitely. It is also fast to construct and easy to maintain.
Asphalt is the green alternative — asphalt pavements are amongst America's most recycled products at nearly 100% reusable/recyclable. Asphalt can also reduce noise pollution by up to three decibels.
The advantages of asphalt are clear: Superior value, quality, and sustainability. Whether you are looking to increase the value of your property, design a new roadway system, or maintain an existing one, S.L. Williamson Company has the knowledge, flexibility and new technologies to complete your project.
ASSOCIATIONS AND PARTNERS
WE ARE PROUD PARTNERS OF THE FOLLOWING ASSOCIATIONS:
OUR LEADERS, PROJECT MANAGERS, SUPERINTENDENTS AND FIELD CREWS COME FROM DIVERSE BACKGROUNDS WITH EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE.
CONTACT OUR PLANTS:
RED HILL PLANT (434) 293-6934
2617 Redhill Road, North Garden, VA 22959
SHADWELL PLANT (434) 295-4517
2905 Richmond Road, Charlottesville, VA 22902
RUCKERSVILLE PLANT (434) 985-3394
221 Luckstone Road, Ruckersville, VA 22968